Interco Trading Company, a global recycling company headquartered in the Metro St. Louis area, has an opening for a Metals Trader to join the Interco Industrial Accounts team. The company is an industry leader with a focused track record of innovation and integrity in a terrific work environment.
The position requires a motivated attitude and an eagerness to achieve win/win settlements to build and strengthen long-lasting relationships. The right candidate needs to demonstrate the ability to work in a team environment, a desire to learn about and excel in an exploding industry, and a yearning to develop and cultivate strong business development skills under the expert tutelage of a renowned manager.
- Prospect for potential supplier leads through lead follow-up and cold calling.
- Interact with suppliers regarding the purchase of their materials.
- Negotiate prices and terms.
- Build relationships with by developing strategies, working through issues, etc.
- Input and record transaction data in CRM and ERP computer systems.
- Attend daily meetings (project planning, production, etc.) as required to obtain information pertaining to procurement requirements.
This is an entry-level position with a strong likelihood to advance based on demonstrated achievement. The company is experiencing product expansion and significant market position growth due to a number or factors that suggest steady acceleration for years to come. This is an excellent opportunity for the right candidate to join the company as a Metals Trader.
- Work experience in Sales, Customer Service, or other roles where organization and structure was a key function of the role.
- Exceptional phone skills.
- Must enjoy working in a high-paced atmosphere and manage deadlines.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- A desire to learn and compete in a team environment.
- Excellent mathematical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to communicate with people at all levels, both orally and in writing.
- Must be self-motivated, decisive, and able to work well under pressure and meet critical deadlines.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- A proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel/Outlook/PowerPoint).
- Experience utilizing a CRM is preferred.
Candidates for the Metals Trader position should submit a one-page resume in PDF or Word format as an attachment. Phone interviews will be scheduled with prospective candidates before in-person interviews.
Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, 401K, Paid Vacation, Opportunity for Annual Bonus and Pay Raise