Interco Trading Company, a global metals and electronics recycling company headquartered in the Metro St. Louis area, has an immediate opening for a Warehouse Foreman.
This is an ideal position for an action-oriented, self-motivated individual who is driven to be the best at what they do. There is great potential for advancement at Interco Trading Company for the individual who performs very well in this position.
Interco is a rapidly growing commodity scrap trading company, dealing on four continents in the international metals recycling industry.
The Warehouse Foreman supervises and directs the work activities of all warehouse personnel involved in the receiving, grading, sorting, and handling of products. This position provides leadership and direction in loading and unloading techniques, receiving procedures, warehouse organization, inventory handling and control, container organization, and the promotion of a safe working environment. The Warehouse Foreman generally supervises a department of up to 20 workers. The Warehouse Foreman is involved with all company personnel including hiring, employee development, terminations, and disciplinary actions. This position requires the flexibility to work 40+ hours per week and weekends as required. The Warehouse Foreman reports directly to the owner.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Oversight of warehouse workers sorting, grading, and counting incoming product
- Practice proper PPE compliance and maintain a safe working record and environment
- Maintain communication with drivers, owner, and traders
- Immediately communicate unsafe conditions, acts or injuries to the Warehouse Manager
- Practice proper forklift operation and preventative maintenance
- Meet or exceed facility housekeeping expectations
- Maintain and build job skills through involvement in company activities
- Ensure proper personnel training and certification
- Review of inventory reports
- Troubleshoot equipment/process problems
- Material inventory and management
- Inventory Management
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Possess strong interpersonal skills
- Mathematical skills
- Intermediate computer skills
- Must be able to produce results while working unsupervised
- Must have the ability to handle multiple projects at one time
- Scale knowledge required
- Enforce compliance of safety policies and Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA) regulations
- Conduct and participate in safety meetings
- HS Diploma or GED required. College degree preferred.
- Work related experience required
Compensation is commiserate upon experience, education, and skill-set. Salary requirements should be stated on application/resume.