Our Goal of Sustainable Redevelopment
We strive to promote “Sustainable Redevelopment" in all of our transactions. As a certified ISO 9001, ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001 and R2:2013 certified handler of recycled material, sustainable redevelopment is a top priority at Interco.
It is our top priority to provide a comprehensive method of recycling which allows the greatest amount of material to be re-purposed in other industries, ultimately decreasing costs, increasing the amount of usable resources, and saving reusable material from entering the world’s landfills.
Since its founding in 1996, Interco has remained committed to the responsible, safe and efficient handling of all materials material toward the goal of sustainable redevelopment.
As the second company in the world to be certified to the R2:2013 standard, Interco has a substantial commitment to making sure that focus materials are handled in the most appropriate way possible. R2:2013 focus materials are items containing: PCBs (polychlorinated biphenyls), mercury, CRT (cathode ray tube) glass, batteries and whole or shredded circuit boards.
Quality, Environmental, Health and Safety Policy
Interco’s core business is to deliver innovative solutions, competitive pricing, and quality metal recycling services throughout the supply chain. Our primary focus is creating and executing efficient solutions for both our suppliers and customers, while protecting the environment and worker health and safety. We are conscious of our responsibility for creating, maintaining and ensuring a safe and clean environment; reducing health and safety hazards through application of efficient technology and safe work practices for sustainable development.
Interco is committed to:
- Continual improvement and meeting customer requirements,
- Prevention of industrial risk rather than detection / rectification and its adverse impact on the environment,
- The prevention of pollution and the prevention of injury and ill health,
- Managing used and end of life electronic equipment based on a reuse, refurbishment, recovery, disposal hierarchy including onsite and downstream materials management throughout the recycling chain,
- Managing Focus Materials throughout the recycling chain to final disposition with due diligence to protect our environment,
- Follow safe work practices and continually improve the effectiveness of system,
- Creating an environment of teamwork as well as increase the system awareness to all employees,
- Comply with relevant compliance obligations, including laws, regulations and other requirements, as well as take any additional measures considered necessary,
- Communicating and reinforcing this policy throughout our company, to all persons working for or on behalf of our company, as well as, to our customers, our suppliers and other interested parties.
- Management regularly reviews the quality, environmental health and safety management system performance and compliance to ensure adherence to establish goals and policies.